The number of digital subscriptions of AS Ekspress Grupp increased by 34% year-over-year in the Baltic States (2nd quarter: 4%, first six months: 12%) and totalled 151 322 at the end of June.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Ekspress Meedia that publishes the news portal Delfi, newspapers Eesti Päevaleht, Maaleht, Eesti Ekspress and several popular magazines increased by 22% year-over-year (2nd quarter: 7%, first six months: 12%) and totalled 84 072.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Õhtuleht, 50% of which is owned by Ekspress Grupp, increased by 38% year-over-year (2nd quarter: -7%, first six months: 6%) and totalled 22 281.
- The number of digital subscriptions of Geenius Meedia OÜ increased by 55% year-over-year (2nd quarter: 1%, first six months: 10%) and totalled 4 523.
- In Latvia, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi A/S increased by 40% year-over-year (2nd quarter: 1%, first six months: 4%) and totalled 18 190.
- In Lithuania, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi increased by 84% year-over-year (2nd quarter: 8%, first six months: 28%) and totalled 22 256.
Chairman of the Management Board of Ekspress Grupp Mari-Liis Rüütsalu comments:
“As compared to last year, the number of digital subscriptions of Ekspress Grupp continued to demonstrate fast growth; however, the growth rate decelerated slightly in the 2nd quarter. One the one hand, this slowdown is, as expected, due to the reference base of previous periods which keeps getting higher and higher. On the other hand, growth was also impacted by our marketing campaigns where the prices of the subscriptions of new customers were less than 1 euro but that we do not include in the number of digital subscriptions. We will be able to witness the positive impact of the campaigns in the second half of the year.”
Detailed overview of digital subscriptions
|AS Ekspress Meedia||84 072||78 799||7%||74 873||12%||69 082||22%|
|AS Õhtuleht Kirjastus||22 281||23 935||-7%||20 992||6%||16 102||38%|
|Geenius Meedia OÜ||4 523||4 461||1%||4 100||10%||2 913||55%|
|Delfi AS (Latvia)||18 190||18 060||1%||17 549||4%||12 977||40%|
|Delfi UAB (Lithuania)||22 256||20 550||8%||17 433||28%||12 092||84%|
|Total Ekspress Grupp||151 322||145 805||4%||134 947||12%||113 166||34%|
One of the long-term goals of Ekspress Grupp is to increase the volume of digital subscriptions to 340 thousand subscribers in the Baltic States by the end of 2026 which is approximately 2.5 times higher than at the year-end 2021.