The number of digital subscriptions of AS Ekspress Grupp increased by 12% year-over-year across the Baltic States (6% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 146,608 at the end of December.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Delfi Meedia that publishes the news portal Delfi, newspapers Eesti Päevaleht, Maaleht, Eesti Ekspress and several popular magazines increased by 14% year-over-year (10% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 85,551.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Õhtuleht Kirjastus, 50% of which is owned by Ekspress Grupp, increased by 7% year-over-year (-4% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 22,530.
- The number of digital subscriptions of Geenius Meedia OÜ increased by 37% year-over-year (9% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 5,616.
- In Latvia, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi A/S increased by 5% year-over-year (1% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 14,131.
- In Lithuania, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi increased by 8% year-over-year (8% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 18,780.
Comments by the Chairman of the Management Board of Ekspress Grupp, Mari-Liis Rüütsalu:
“The number of Ekspress Group’s digital subscriptions continued to grow rapidly in all Baltic States in 2022 and has increased the sales revenue of our digital subscriptions. The growth proves that the paid content model is sustainable and has an increasingly important role in the revenues of our media businesses. Although consumer spending in the Baltic States is under increasing scrutiny due to inflation and general price increase, the last year’s turbulent events kept readers’ interest in independent journalism high.
In Estonia, the number of subscribers of Delfi Meedia, the subsidiary with the largest number of digital subscribers, grew the most, by nearly 11,000 or 14% year-over-year. Geenius Meedia demonstrated the fastest growth last year, the digital subscriptions up 37% or by more than 1,500.
The number of digital subscriptions of Delfi in Latvia and Lithuania was affected by changing the packages to be similar to those of Estonia. While in Latvia and Lithuania previously narrower content packages of different Delfi topics were offered and each product was counted as digital subscription separately, in the 4th quarter of last year we introduced a unified package-based logic, giving the digital subscribers broader access to all Delfi content. As a result of the bundling, the number of digital subscriptions in Latvia and Lithuania decreased, but the average digital subscription price increased.
We are on track to meet our targets and aim to provide digital paid content to at least 340 000 readers by 2026. „
Detailed overview of digital subscriptions
|AS Delfi Meedia||85 551||77 920||10%||74 873||14%|
|AS Õhtuleht Kirjastus||22 530||23 548||-4%||20 992||7%|
|Geenius Meedia OÜ||5 616||5 162||9%||4 100||37%|
|Delfi AS (Latvia)||14 131||14 012||1%||13 446||5%|
|Delfi UAB (Lithuania)||18 780||17 370||8%||17 320||8%|
|Ekspress Grupp total||146 608||138 012||6%||130 731||12%|