The number of digital subscriptions of AS Ekspress Grupp increased by 50% year-over-year in the Baltic States (8% in the 1st quarter) and totalled 145 805 at the end of March.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Ekspress Meedia that publishes the news portal Delfi, newspapers Eesti Päevaleht, Maaleht, Eesti Ekspress and several popular magazines increased by 33% year-over-year (5% in the 1st quarter) and totalled 78 799.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Õhtuleht, 50% of which is owned by Ekspress Grupp, increased by 60% year-over-year (14% in the 1st quarter) and totalled 23 935.
- The number of digital subscriptions of Geenius Meedia OÜ increased by 62% year-over-year (9% in the 1st quarter) and totalled 4 461.
- In Latvia, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi A/S increased by 71% year-over-year (3% in the 1st quarter) and totalled 18 060.
- In Lithuania, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi more than doubled year-over-year (18% in the 1st quarter) and totalled 20 550.
The Chairman of the Management Board of Ekspress Grupp Mari-Liis Rüütsalu commented:
“The Supervisory Board of Ekspress Grupp has set the company’s long-term financial goal to increase the number of digital subscriptions in the Baltic States by 2.5 times by the end of 2026 as compared to 2021, i.e. to 340 000 subscribers. New digital subscribers are important for attaining the company’s financial goals because in addition to the online advertising sales it provides a stable revenue base for the Group.
The number of digital subscribers of the key periodicals of Ekspress Grupp continued to grow in the 1st quarter of 2022. The Latvian and Lithuanian markets where the share of digital subscribers has been lower than in Estonia and hence their growth potential is higher, demonstrated the strongest growth. The growth in subscribers accelerated at the end of February this year because during the turbulent time in the world, the interest of readers in high-quality and objective journalism grows. “
Detailed overview of digital subscriptions
|AS Ekspress Meedia||78 799||74 873||5%||59 183||33%|
|AS Õhtuleht Kirjastus||23 935||20 992||14%||15 005||60%|
|Geenius Meedia OÜ||4 461||4 100||9%||2 755||62%|
|Delfi AS (Latvia)||18 060||17 549||3%||10 559||71%|
|Delfi UAB (Lithuania)||20 550||17 433||18%||9 892||108%|
|Total Ekspress Grupp||145 805||134 947||8%||97 394||50%|
One of the long-term goals of Ekspress Grupp is to increase the volume of digital subscriptions to 340 thousand subscribers in the Baltic States by the end of 2026 which is approximately 2.5 times higher than at the year-end 2021.